REGISTER at www.lassenfamilyservices.org/wam2020
Walk a Mile in their Shoes is this Saturday! Register today for our online event!
Lassen Family Services, Inc. is hosting its 7th annual Walk a Mile in Their Shoes Event. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have elected to host our event online. Online, you will have the opportunity to participate in fun activities while you continue to practice social distancing. And the webinar is completely free!
The plan for our Walk a Mile online event is to bring awareness to victims of crime in a supportive and fun way. April is Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Awareness month, and our goal at Lassen Family Services is to bring an end to violent crimes and offer hope and help to victims.
During our online Walk a Mile event we will have an opening ceremony, as we always have, just in a webinar format. Then, we will send you out the door (or if you choose, indoors) for a virtual scavenger hunt. We want you and your family to take pictures and post them on Instagram and Facebook. Follow the directions found on our website. Then, online together, we will participate in a tea party with our local Snow Queen, sing fun karaoke songs, make a craft, learn an art project, and even eat a snack together. All of the Walk a Mile activities are online and fun for the whole family. Please register for our zoom webinar at www.lassenfamilyservices.org/wam2020
Here is a schedule of the day’s events (times and events are subject to change)
10:00 am Opening Ceremonies
· Convocation with Rick Conrad, Senior Pastor at Community Church
· Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem
· Walk a Mile in Their Shoes Speaker, Angela Reed, LFS Executive Director
· 10:30 am Scavenger Hunt: You will need your phone and either an Instagram or Facebook account. Take pictures of the items listed on the website and post them to your social media account using the designated hashtags.
· 11:00 am Royal Tea Party with The Snow Queen by Swish ‘N Flick Entertainment. We will watch our Snow Queen make a snack, share a story, give Princess lessons, and teach us how to properly wash our hands. We will also have a question and answer time!
· 11:30 am NiNi’s Art Corner: Join Nini for a step by step drawing demo to kick your creativity into action. All levels welcome.
· 12:00 pm Karaoke with Jessica Scrogin and more. Let us sing out loud during our fun karaoke time! Send in your song request now!
· 12:30 pm Denim Day Pocket Craft with Laura. On April 29th, people around the world will wear denim in honor of Denim Day. Denim Day started in response to a 1988 Italian Supreme Court decision that overturned a rape conviction “because the victim wore very, very tight jeans, she had to help him remove them, and by removing the jeans it was no longer rape but consensual”. We encourage everyone to wear denim next week to remind people that being a victim is never consensual. Laura will help you make a fun craft in honor of Denim Day. Make sure to have scissors, jean pocket material, fabric glue, beads, markers, and fabric puff (if you have it) before we start the craft!
· 1:00 pm Make a snack with Jena Roof from CalFresh. During Saturday's Walk a Mile event we will share information and resources and demonstrate a "ReThink Your Drink" recipe and healthy snack recipe. We look forward to ‘seeing’ everyone!
Register at www.lassenfamilyservices.org/wam2020
Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
Developed by the Child Mind Institute
Lassen County Office of Education will be offering a Free Reading Adventure program. Families can pick up a FREE book and participate in a virtual reading activities every Tuesday from March 24th - April 7th at 11:00 AM on the Lassen County Office of Education Facebook Page.
Families can pick up a FREE book at the following locations:
Amy's Corner is offering FREE virtual guided art projects. These weekly projects use simple items that most likely can be found at home. Families can follow along with videos and pictures posted on the Amy's Corner Facebook Page.
Merry Morsels is offering weekly Treat Kits for sale as a fun activity for families to create together. The cupcake kits will feature a different design each week and are available for curbside pickup and delivery. Visit the Merry Morsel's Facebook page or call to reserve your kit!
www.yolokids.org/forfamilies - Parent Education Guides
stories.audible.com - Free Audible
https://u.org/2QNaow9 - Education and Special Education issues and information
https://www.gonoodle.com/ - Physical Wellness and exercise for kids
https://www.storylineonline.net/ - Stories read aloud
https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga - Stories and Yoga for kids
https://varsitytutors.com - Free K-12 classes and resources for better at-home learning
https://www.khanacademy.org/ - Free resources to keep everyone learning
https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/ - Things To Do While You’re Stuck at Home because School is Closed
https://pbskids.org/ - Videos and Games for kids
https://corporate.comcast.com/covid-19(Xfinity)- WiFi Network Nationally for Free, Offers Unlimited Data for Free for low income families)
https://www.internetessentials.com/ Affordable Internet – first two months free – to stay connected during isolation and quarantine)
Copyright © 2020 LASSEN CARES - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder